Honours Programme in Computer Science
The CS Department invites exceptionally qualified Master's students to join the department's Honours Programme. Students admitted to the Honours Programme are associated to the department's research groups, and will have the opportunity for research-related part-time employment during the semesters. In summer, the students may have the possibility of entering into full-time employment in the department's competitive summer internship programme. The Honours students will also have access to the department's research facilities (computing resources, online services, library).
Who can apply?
To qualify, a student
- must have one of the department's subject areas as a confirmed ("HOPS") major or minor in their M.Sc. degree studies,
- must have completed B.Sc. studies and obtained the degree certificate by July 31, 2017.
- for 1st year,: a general GPA of 4.0 or higher, and good progress in their studies. Study credits obtained prior to Jul 31 are eligible.
- for 2nd year: total GPA of at least 4.0 or higher regarding the best 55 study credits in their first year. Study credits obtained prior to Jul 31 are eligible.
The honours status is granted for one year at a time for a maximum of two years.
How to apply?
Please submit the following documents as one single PDF through the electronic application form:
- Motivation letter
- A brief CV
- A copy of your official personal study plan ("HOPS") for your M.Sc. studies, as submitted to your Degree Programme office. (In the case of the Degree Programme of Computer Science and Engineering, see the instructions in English or Finnish.) Indicate also whether you already have an appointed tutoring professor for your M.Sc. level studies, and if so then who that is.
- An up-to-date transcript of your studies (unofficial transcript from WebOodi is sufficient)
The call deadline is 8 June 2017 (you may update your application until 9 August 2017). New students to the honours programme will then be selected by the Heads of CS Department Master’s Programmes in September and the selected students will enter the programme on 1 October 2017.
Should there be a lack of eligible outstanding applicants, the application period may be extended. While all applicants who have submitted an application by the deadline will be appropriately considered, Aalto University reserves the right to consider also other candidates for the announced positions
For further information on the programme, please contact jobs-cs-sci [at] aalto [dot] fi.