The Department of Computer Science provides education on Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels.
Bachelor's degree programmes
Starting in autumn 2018, there will be a new Bachelor level major offered in English:
The other Bachelor level studies in Computer Science, Information Networks and Bioinformation Technology are offered in Finnish/Swedish only.
More information about the Bachelor level studies:
Master's degree programmes
The Master's programmes offered are:
- Computer, Communication and Information Sciences (CCIS)
- Life Science Technologies
- Information Networks
- double degree programme ICT Innovation (EIT Digital Master School)
- Erasmus Mundus double degree programme Security and Cloud Computing (SECCLO)
The Master's programmes can be studied entirely in English. There are also several Master level minors related to these subjects, see further information from the Study Guide (studyguides.aalto.fi).
Master’s thesis is usually written on a topic relating to the student’s major subject, under the supervision of the major subject’s professor. Read more about Master's thesis (into.aalto.fi)
Doctoral Programme in Science
The goal of the Aalto Doctoral Programme in Science is to provide education and research training at the highest scientific level. The research fields related to the Department of Computer Science include:
- Computational Science
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information and Computer Science
- Media Technology, and
- Speech and Language Technology
Read more about the doctoral programme (into.aalto.fi)
Courses offered by the Department of Computer Science can be found in the MyCourses portal.
- Helsinki Doctoral Education Network (hict.fi)